OMG! My daughter just snuck all of these Air Fryer Curry Crunchy Chickpeas in her backpack for lunch today! Proud mom moment of a teenage senior in high school who doesn’t eat anything for lunch!! These air-fried crunchy chickpeas are just the bomb! It hits almost all targets in our snack requirements. Crunchy, delicious, healthy, and approximately 1 Weight Watchers point for half cup.
WHAT IS AN AIR FRYER?
By now most people have heard of an Air Fryer and the name kinda says it all. It’s basically a small little oven with a vortex fan that circulates hot air really really fast. Ha Ha got it? Bottom line, it uses a lot less oil than conventional stovetop frying with very similar results…minus all the fat, the grease, and the time!
The downside; it’s another stand-alone, on top of your counter, small appliance. Upside… it’s not heavy at all, like a crockpot, so it’s easy to store!!!
Enough about that, let’s get to the good stuff…like these Curry Crunchy Chickpeas!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
I don’t know about you but I always have chickpeas on hand. Usually, I buy chickpeas to make WW zero point hummus but since the Air Fryer has become my new best friend, hummus has taken a backseat.
- Drain and dry canned Chickpeas, I buy organic…they just aren’t that much more than non-organic at basically $1 per can.
- Trader Joes Everything Seasoning
- Curry Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Olive Oil
That’s it!!! Not much to these crunchy curry garlicky little chickpea gems!
The great thing about chickpeas is their versatility. You can use just about any seasoning you like and they will turn out yummy.
VARIATIONS COMING SOON
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas with Jalapenos
Salt & Pepper
- Drain until chickpeas are dry and place them in a bowl.
- Add olive oil and mix. Add the seasonings, mix well.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees for about 4 minutes.
- Add the seasoned and mixed peas to the Air Fryer tray making sure they are evenly distributed.
- Set the Air Fryer to 400 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- Stir peas at about 6 minutes, and resume cooking.
- After 12 minutes, check for desired crispy, crunchy texture. If not to your crunch level, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add extra seasoning if needed after they’re done cooking and while they are still hot.
HOW LONG DO THESE STAY CRISP AND FRESH?
These fresh Curry Crunchy Chickpeas don’t stay really crisp for very long due to the moisture content in the peas. Good news…they don’t last long in your kitchen either because they are so yummy and addicting!
ARE THESE CURRY CRUNCHY CHICKPEAS HEALTHY?
Yes, in my book they are. Good fat from the olive oil and complex carbohydrates and protein from the chickpeas.
CAN YOU COOK THESE IN THE OVEN?
Yes, of course. They take more time and more stirring.
If you want a hardier snack check out these recipes👇👇
Deviled Eggs with Curry and Fresh Dill
Curry Crunchy Chickpeas
- Air Fryer
- 2 cans Chickpeas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- 2 tsp Everything Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt or more to taste
- Drain in colander and dry Chickpeas on a paper towels in one layer. Use a cookie sheet for this.
- Place Chickpeas in a bowl. Add olive oil and seasonings. Mix well making sure all peas are seasoned.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400° for 3-4 minutes.
- Place seasoned chickpeas in Air Fryer tray. Insert tray and set to 400° for 12 minutes.
- Stir and shake Chickpeas half way, 6 minutes.
- After done, check for crispy texture. If not crispy enough cook again for 2 minutes.
- Add more seasoning to taste if needed while hot.
Leave a Comment