Blueberry Banana Oatmeal breakfast is a great way to start your day! This healthy oatmeal breakfast is so easy, fast, and satisfying you’ll want to make it every morning. Just as easy as those instant oatmeal flavored packets and so much healthier.
For a few more healthy breakfast ideas take a look at this savory 3 ingredient Avocado Toast, or these delicious, better than store-bought sausage rolls and breakfast hand pies. These morning goodies are just a few of my family’s favorites!
BLUEBERRY AND BANANA OATMEAL INGREDIENTS
- Quick Oats
- Vanilla Premier Protein or similar protein shake
Quick Tip…What Else Can Go With Oatmeal?
- Any kind of fresh fruit or fruit jam or jelly.
- Peanut butter or peanut butter protein powder.
- Applesauce (I use unsweetened applesauce)
- Canned pumpkin…it really is delicious!
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY BANANA OATMEAL
One of the many great reasons to have this blueberry banana oatmeal breakfast several times a week is it’s fast and quick to make!
STEP ONE: Measure 1 cup water in a large glass measuring cup.
STEP TWO: Measure 1/2 cup quick oats in a dry measuring cup and stir into water.
STEP THREE: Place in microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes…or according to oatmeal packaging directions.
STEP FOUR: When done, stir in blueberries, sliced bananas, Premier Protein, and cinnamon. Enjoy!!!
Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cooking Alternatives
- This recipe doesn’t have to be made in the microwave…
- Make a double batch on top of the stove, share or have it for tomorrow’s breakfast.
- The instapot is a really great way but the stove is probably quicker.
- Make overnight oats or if your making a big batch for a large crowd (teacher breakfasts, family reunions, beach party breakfast..ha. ha…wishful thinking😎) make it in the crockpot and add sliced apples, pears, nuts, butter, cinnamon, and water…it’s really good!!!
HOW TO SERVE
Personally, I eat blueberry-banana oatmeal in the measuring cup making it a one-pot breakfast…I hate doing dishes!
If you’re making this recipe or one of the above alternatives for a crowd, have the oatmeal ready to go and serve a variety of goodies…Oatmeal Buffet!
Serve this healthy oatmeal as a side to a special brunch meal, it’s great for your friends watching their weight!
In The Freezer: If the oatmeal is an ingredient…not the main one…in cookies like these Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies then yes! But alone cooked…why when it just so easy to make fresh.
In The Fridge: If properly sealed in a glass or plastic container with a tight lid, premade oatmeal can last for up to a week. Just add a little water before you microwave and stir…
Make Ahead: Yes, it’s great pre-cooked but please follow the above instructions.
IS OATMEAL GOOD FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
YES…according to Health.com it is very healthy and a great weapon for weight loss. It is nutrient-rich, has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, supports weight loss and weight management. Oatmeal has been found to help lower cholesterol and blood sugars making it a Super Food…in my opinion!
Weight Watchers encourages their members to eat whole grain foods such as oatmeal and brown rice. In fact, both oatmeal and brown rice are zero points on my personal plan…that’s a super big food deal!!!
KITCHEN GADGETS & RECIPE INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Breakfast
- 1/2 cup Quick Oats more servings follow package instructions
- 1/3 cup blueberries more or less to taste
- 1 sliced banana more or less to taste
- 1/3 carton Vanilla Premier Protein or similar protein shake more or less to taste – 1 point WW
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon more or less to taste
- STEP ONE: Measure 1 cup water in a large glass measuring cup.
- STEP TWO: Measure 1/2 cup quick oats in a dry measuring cup and stir into water.
- STEP THREE: Place in microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes…or according to oatmeal packaging directions.
- STEP FOUR: When done, stir in blueberries, sliced bananas, Premier Protein, and cinnamon. Enjoy!!!
Leave a Comment