For the love of banana bread, please make these three chip chocolate Blondie Banana Brownies with almonds and oats instead, pleeeaaassse! These sweeties are a fully loaded mouthful of banana yum, with the perfect amount of peanut butter goodness, rich white chocolate, and a bitter sweet hint of expresso coffee in every single bite!Jump to Recipe
I guarantee these little chewy, dense, crunchy, sweet nibbles of banana love will, no doubt, bring joyful sounds and smiles from everyone on your “specially nice” list.
THESE BLONDIE BANANA BROWNIES MAKE EXCELLENT FOOD GIFTS
Seriously though, they really are super easy, they don’t take a lot of time, and are pretty cheap! They make outstanding food gifts like the one on the right pictured below.
A few other food gift ideas would be these Red Cherries, White Chocolate, and Fresh Blueberry cookies along with our famous Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookie Bars and the wonderful Blondie Banana Brownies in this post would make an unforgettable holiday gift trio!Print Recipe
PIN 👇 FOR LATER!!
ITEMS THAT COME IN HANDY WHEN GIVING FOOD GIFTSComes in all colors! Recyclable! Reusable!
- real butter – use real salted or unsalted…whichever you prefer
- brown sugar – I used light brown but dark would be good too
- eggs – large
- vanilla – the real stuff…you can tell, I promise!
- flour – all purpose, unbleached (which I used), whole wheat…what ever you prefer
- very ripe bananas – almost squishy medium to large
- oats – quick cooking
- sliced almonds – I buy these in the bulk section
- white chocolate chips – I prefer Ghiradelli but I used Nestle’s and they were just as good
- peanut butter chips – the ones in the yellow bag
- expresso coffee chips – brand new and delicious!
HOW TO MAKE THESE EASY BANANA GOODIES
Preheat your oven to 350.
Step 1- Place the brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Melt the butter, let cool slightly, and then pour into the large bowl with the sugar. Mix until all is just mixed together.
Step 2- Add the very ripe bananas and mix up with hand mixer until just mixed, (it’s OK if you leave a few chunks).
Step 3- Add the eggs, vanilla, flour, oats and almonds and mix until just mixed together.
Step 4- Pour in the 3 kinds of chips and mix up with a rubber spatula.
Step 5- Spray the dish with spray oil. Spread the mixture into 2, 9×9 or a larger baking dish. You could even use a large cast iron skillet for these!
Step 6- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
Step 7- Take out of the oven, let them sit for about 2 minutes, then sprinkle and spread mixed left over chips on top. Swirl to cover the top surface until all the chips are melted and swirled together. Sprinkle with remaining sliced almonds if desired.
Any kind of hardy nut like pecans, walnuts, peanuts, cashews can be substituted for the almonds. You can use just one kind of chocolate chip or any variation of 2 or 3.
Storing these Blondie Banana Brownies in a glass or plastic container in the fridge is a great way to keep them fresh. They freeze well if you want to make ahead for holiday gift giving. Heads up…if you let them sit out on the counter you won’t have any left to give away!
Blondie Banana Brownies
- 1 cup real butter – use real salted or unsalted
- 1 cup brown sugar light brown or dark
- 2 eggs large
- 1 tbsp vanilla real vanilla
- 2 cup flour whole wheat or unbleached
- 3 or 4 large very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup oats – quick cooking
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or more to taste
- 1 cup peanut butter chips – or more to taste or more to taste
- 1/2 cup expresso coffee chips – or more to taste (they can be a little strong tasting for some people. if you can find these…dark chocolate chips would be good!
- left over chips for swirling
- left over almonds for the finish topping
- Pre heat your oven to 350.
- Place the brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Melt the butter, let cool slightly, and then pour into the large bowl with the sugar. Mix until all is just mixed together.
- Add the very ripe bananas and mix up with hand mixer until just mixed, (it's OK if you leave a few chunks).
- Add the eggs, vanilla, flour,, and oats and mix until just mixed together.
- Pour in the 3 kinds of chips and almonds and mix up with a rubber spatula.
- Spray the dish with spray oil. Spread mixture into 2 9×9 or a larger baking dish. You could even use a large cast iron skillet for these!
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Take out of the oven then spread mixed left over chips on top. Swirl to cover the top surface until all the chips are melted and swirled together. Sprinkle with remaining sliced almonds if desired.
Leave a Comment