America’s Favorite Red, White, and Blueberry Cookies represent everything good and just and right in the world! Made with sweet Marchiano cherries, white chocolate chips, and fresh blueberries, they make what’s great about America even better! Celebrate an American summer with these sweet babies in your life!
Everything’s right in the world with these sweet cherries and blueberry cookies!
I think cookies are my favorite food group of all time…unfortunately for my mid-life figure! I’d rather have a sweet, savory, light, melty little piece of heaven than most anything! These little morsels of goodness do the trick for any summer celebration, big or small. This recipe makes about 50 delicious sweet cookies.
Cherries, White Chocolate, Fresh Blueberries, Seriously Delish!
How could you go wrong with cherries, blueberries, white chocolate chips, and almonds? Seriously, there is so much fresh, sweet, flaky, buttery flavor in these babes; just a must for any event! The fresh blueberries, sweet Maraschino cherries, decadent white chocolate, and almond are the ultimate flavor bomb!
Basic Sugar Cookie Recipe
This Red Cherries, White Chocolate, and Blueberry Cookie recipe is a basic cookie recipe adapted from this recipe on The Goldlining Girl. I added a few items like the blueberries and white chocolate chips and eliminated the cherry extract (if I had known cherry extract was going to be so hard to find I would have definitely ordered. Instead of the cherry extract, I used a thin confectioner’s sugar glaze made with the drained cherry juice and almond extract.
Half of the cookies were finished with the cherry glaze and the other half were left plain. If you don’t want to go the extra step of the glaze, they are still so yummy and delish without the glaze…I PROMISE!
Read below for this really easy, straight forward cherry and blueberry cookie recipe. I promise these will be your next hit treat at any gathering!!
Red, White & Blueberry Cookies
Red, White, and Blue Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp cherry extract used cherry juice instead
- 4.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar optional
- 1 cup chopped, drained Maraschino Cherries reserve cherry juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Mix butter, oil, both sugars, eggs and extracts together in a large bowl. Beat until combined.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a separate bowl until incorporated. Add to butter mixture and mix until all ingredients are blended. Do not over blend.
- Mix blueberries with 1/4 cup sugar. Add cherries, sugared blueberries, white chocolate chips and mix into basic cookie dough until just stirred in. Do not over mix.
- Spoon out on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. You can make them any size you want.
- Cook on 375 for just about 10 minutes or until edges are just turning golden and crispy. Should be soft in the middle.
- Cool on wire racks. When cool add glaze and almond slices if desired.
Cherry Almond Glaze
- Whisk 2 cups confectioners sugar with 1/3 of reserved cherry juice, 1 tsp almond extract and a splash of water or until thin enough to drizzle.
- Add sliced almonds on top.Yummiyess!!!
Hey and drop me a comment and pic of your version of these sweeties?❗
Enjoy the goodness!
More summer goods from my site:
Cast Iron Orange Dreamsicle Pie
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookie Bars
The Best Banana Pudding…it’s so yummy and beautiful!
Cherry Shortbread Fluff Bars…perfect for hot summer days!
Blueberry Lemon Bars with White Chocolate Drizzle…no explanation necessary!
Leave a Comment