Who doesn’t like Chicken Salad? I’m not sure I know a single person who doesn’t. The possibilities are endless: Mexican, traditional, with grapes or without, apples, spicy, bland, with nuts…without. Well, you get the idea!
Chicken Salad Diet Options
It’s so easy to make it Keto, Low Carb, Low Fat, Paleo, Whole 30, Weight Watchers, or even a full on comfort dish!
- For Keto you would add full fat mayo, avocado, cheese (any kind including cream cheese), just stay away from adding carbs like Chinese crunchy noodles, croutons, raisins, grapes, etc.
- To make it low carb you might choose one kind of fat like mayo, hard boiled eggs, lots of veggies like green or red onion, jalapenos, pimentos, red bell peppers, black or green or both olive colors, and any kind of nuts or seeds (almonds and sunflower seeds are yummy in chicken salad).
- Paleo ingredients would include avocado, homemade mayo (yum) or organic store bought made with out sugar. Nuts, olives, onions, pimentos, peppers, anything on the Paleo ingredient list would work.
- Ingredients for Whole 30 would basically be the same as Paleo but you could add a chopped sweet or white potato (potatoes would be delicious!).
- If you’re following Weight Watchers stay away from adding full fat mayo and go for the light mayo, maybe add a little mustard, any kind of fruit or veggie, fresh herbs, hard boiled eggs. Don’t add cheese or nuts, both have tons of points and you’ll never miss it.
- Full on comfort style could be anything from a homemade white sauce base to a pimento cheese style chicken salad (like this pimento cheese recipe) to a fried chicken salad twist! The sky’s the limit! Jump to Recipe!
Pros and Cons of Store Bought Rotisserie Chicken
- immediately available
- comes in lots of seasoning flavors
- easy to chop up for use
- same cost as a raw whole chicken, cheaper than boneless chicken breast
- discarding the bones and skin
- a little messy
- you have to wash out the plastic container to recycle
Rotisserie Chicken is the best time saver a cook could ask for!!
How To Serve Chicken Salad
There are so many ways to serve Chicken Salad. Below are a few ideas for your next easy meal!
- Make an easy appetizer out of it and serve with saltines or any kind of flavored cracker. Add some carrots, bell pepper slices, celery sticks, or zucchini!
- Mix it up with your favorite pasta. Serve it warm or cold!
- Make it a lunch spread between your favorite bread, bun or croissant along with tomato slices and lettuce.
- Roll it up in a tortilla and eat it like a wrap.
- Prepare it like you would enchiladas…roll it up, top it off with your favorite enchilada sauce and cheese then cook it at 425 for 20-25 minutes…YUM!
- Serve it in a big salad, add chickpeas, spinach, egg and you’ve got a really great meal!
- Chicken Salad is so versatile! The possibilities are endless!!
Enjoy and Ciaos, Baby!
Italian Chicken Salad
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, cut up
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ red onion, cut up
- ½ celery, cut up
- ⅓ can marinated Artichokes, cut up
- ¼ cup jarred roasted red pepper, cut up
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- De-bone and cut rotisserie chicken up into bite sized pieces. Or use already de-boned, boneless store bought rotisserie chicken.
- Mix mayo, mustard, garlic powder and garlic salt together.
- Chop up veggies and then add everything to a bowl and mix well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Disclaimer: Clicking on the informative, interesting and helpful advertisements in this post may result in a very, very small residual for this blog.
Leave a Comment