These easy Rice Krispie Treats are made with Rice Krispies Cereal, real butter, mini marshmallows, three different kinds of M&Ms, and salted sunflower kernels snuck in for that perfect sweet and salty smile-inducing soft and crunchy treat. Rice Krispies Treats are loved by both young and old and are a fast and simple dessert to whip together at the last minute.
RICE KRISPIE TREATS VARIATIONS
So where do you start with all the fun, creative possibilities? The white neutral color of the Rice Krispie combined with marshmallows is a perfect canvas for festive, colorful combinations!
Try some of these ideas after you get make this recipe a household staple!
Christmas Treat Ideas:
- red and green M&M’s
- hot cocoa M&M’s
- eggnog flavor using eggnog extract
- candy cane sprinkles
Easter Treat Ideas:
- pastell M&Ms like these peanut butter chocolate egg Easter Candy
- cut up some colorful Easter marshmallow peeps
- Easter sprinkles
Halloween Treat Ideas:
- Harvest Corn and graham cracker chunks…OMG! I think I’m going to make this one next!!!
- Halloween sprinkles
- Candy Corn, chunked up pretzels with peanuts!
- Add this Pumpkin Spice Vanilla Extract instead of regular vanilla extract
I could go on and on…the assortment of addins is never ending!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS RICE KRISPIE TREAT RECIPE
These fun, smile-inducing Rice Krispies Treat are perfect for the first day of school, work celebrations, birthday parties, any occasion you want to add extra happiness!
- Frosted Rice Krispies Cereal
- mini marshmallows
- real butter
- real vanilla extract
- sunflower seed kernels
- 3 kinds of M&Ms
- confetti sprinkles
HOW TO MAKE RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Rice Krispies Treats are about the easiest snack treat you can possibly make!
STEP ONE – Melt 1.5 sticks of real butter over a medium heat…be careful not to burn the butter.
STEP TWO – Add 2, 10 oz. packages of plain mini marshmallows to the melted butter. Stir with a rubber spatula until marshmallows are just melted with a few semi-melted marshmallows left.
Tip: Don’t worry if you don’t have any semi-melted marshmallows left…it will taste the same. Or add a few more marshmallows after you take the mix off the heat. You can never have enough marshmallows in these treats!
STEP THREE – Turn the heat off and add the real vanilla to the marshmallow mixture, stir until just incorporated.
STEP FOUR – Add the Rice Krispies Cereal to the mixture and just stir to combine.
Tip: Stop here if you just want simple gooey, yummy and crunchy treats!
STEP FIVE – Add the sunflower seed kernels, M&Ms, and stir to just combined.
STEP SIX – Scoop out big scoops of the mixture into a 9″x13″ glass, metal, or ceramic pan lined with parchment paper. Press gently with buttered or greased hands until all the mix is formed to the pan. Sprinkle with colorful candy sprinkles.
Tip: Let your Rice Krispies Treats set out at room temperature for a couple of hours or place in the refrigerator until serving time. Let them come back to room temperature after cutting in order to soften them back up.
EXTRA TIPS FOR THE BEST RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- Rice Krispie Treats can easily be made in the microwave. In a microwave-safe large bowl melt the butter. Add the marshmallows to the melted butter and microwave in short intervals. In between intervals stir mixture. Continue until everything is just melted. Add vanilla and stir. Then add Rice Krispies and stir to just combined. Spread out in the pan and let sit for a bit.
- Add Chocolate Chips for Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats. Add about a cup or more of chocolate chips to the melted marshmallows. Stir until melted. If you want them more chocolatey add more chips.
- Pop these in the fridge for about an hour to make them easier to cut into squares.
- Line the pan with parchment paper for easy cutting. Use the “paper handles” from the parchment paper for easy lifting of the whole square. Place on cutting board and cut…easy peasy!
- Use a larger or smaller pan for the desired thickness.
- Pressing down too firm will create a much denser, crunchier texture.
- Add more marshmallows for a gooeyer experience!
FUN PRODUCTS FOR RICE KRISPIES TREATS
EASY GIFT TREATS
These crazy cute Rice Krispie Treats make great gifts for holidays, birthday parties, bake sales, college kid mailed treats. Anytime you want to send someone a little bit special. A few other food gift ideas are these crazy good Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookie Bars, Red, White, and Blueberry Cookies or these Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Cookies for Fall pumpkin comfort food!
Easy Rice Krispie Treats with M&Ms
- 3/4 cup real butter 1.5 sticks
- 20 oz mini marshmallows 2, 10oz bags
- 9 cup frosted Rice Krispie Cereal 1 regular size box
- 1 tbsp real vanilla extract or more to taste
- 1/3 cup salted sunflower seed kernels or more to taste
- 1.5 cup mixed M&Ms crispy, carmel, regulare
- candy sprinkles, generous portion sprinkled on top
- STEP ONE – Melt 1.5 sticks of real butter over a medium heat…be careful not to burn the butter. STEP TWO – Add 2, 10 oz. packages of plain mini marshmallows to the melted butter. Stir with a rubber spatula until marshmallows are just melted with a few semi-melted marshmallows left.
- STEP THREE – Turn the heat off and add the real vanilla to the marshmallow mixture, stir until just incorporated. STEP FOUR – Add the Rice Krispies Cereal to the mixture and just stir to combine.
- STEP FIVE – Add the sunflower seed kernels, M&Ms, and stir to just combined.STEP SIX – Scoop out big scoops of the mixture into a 9"x13" glass, metal, or ceramic pan lined with parchment paper. Press gently with buttered or greased hands until all the mix is formed to the pan. Sprinkle with colorful candy sprinkles.
September 10, 2020 at 6:58 pm
Amazing! Would recommend!