Spicy Chex Mix
Crunchy, spicy, savory Chex Mix with Cheetos, mini saltines, pretzels, nuts, and chex cereal.
- 4 cups Cheese Puffs (cheese curls, cheetos) I mixed Cheese Puffs & White Cheddar Cheese Puffs
- 2 cups thin pretzels
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup mini saltines (or oyster crackers)
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 1.5 cup dry roasted peanuts more or less to taste
- 8 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp chili powder more or less to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp hot sauce more or less to taste
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder more or less to taste
- 1 stick butter (8 tbsp)
Place the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl or roasting pan. Mix up gently.
Over low heat melt the butter...be careful not to burn. Add the seasonings...Worchestershire, chili, onion, garlic, cumin powder, and hot sauce to taste.
Pour over the dry snack mix and stir preferable with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Mix until everything is evenly coated....this will take about 15 minutes of constant gentle stirring.
Heat oven to 215°. Place coated mix on large baking sheets (this will probably take 2) or use a large roasting pan with at least 2" sides. Make sure the mix is spread out evenly and not deep.
Stir every 15 minutes for an hour or until crispy and yummy.
Cool on cut up brown paper sacks, newspaper, or paper towels until cool.
Store in large plastic bags or plastic tubs. Enjoy!!!
Extra Notes: Make weeks ahead of the holidays and give this as a delicious gift.