Artichoke Cheese Bread
Artichoke Cheese Bread is a creamy, crunchy, salty, garlicky, savory cheese appetizer loaded with artichokes, green and black olives, fresh garlic, thyme, and a hint of jalapeno all spread on crusty fresh French Bread. Toasted until oozy, golden, and bubbly, Oh My Goodness!
- 1/2 cup Mayonaisse, I used light mayo
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 juice of lemon half
- 3 cloves garlic smashed and chopped
- 1 14 oz artichokes drained and rough chopped
- 1/3 cup onion finely chopped
- 1.5 cup black and green olives rough chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped, optional
- 2 cup gruyere cheese (or any semi hard cheese you choose)
- parmasan cheese grated on top
- cayene pepper sprinkled on top
- 1 french bread loaf or bagette cut in two, sliced horizontially, and insides scooped
Preheat oven to 400°
In a medium bowl add mayo, cream cheese, garlic powder, sea salt, lemon juice, and smashed chopped fresh garlic to a bowl and mix with a rubber spatula (metal spoon or fork will work just fine too).
Chop all artichokes, onion, olives, and jalapeno then add to the mayo and cream cheese mixture.
Cut bagette in half, then cut horizontally and lay on a baking sheet. Scoop out the soft insides, spread cream cheese mixture out evenly between the four slices, and smear mixture on top. Grate parmesan cheese on top and then sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown and bubbly.
Enjoy the deliciousness!!
Substitutions and Additions:
Replace the gruyere cheese with Monterey Jack Cheese or a combo of white cheese. If you replace it with yellow cheddar cheese then maybe don't use as much because it might come out too greasy.
Add jarred roasted red pepper, green chilis, green onions, water chestnuts or sliced mushrooms.
Omit the olives and add a few capers for a salty, savory taste.
Replace the mayo with yogurt if you're not a mayo fan.