Mexican Chicken Soup
Spicy, mellow, limy, low carb Mexican chicken soup.
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts and thighs
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cut in slices
- 1 onion cut in slices
- 2 jalapenos diced, with or without seeds
- 1/2 head of cabbage cut in slivers
- 3 garlic pods or more if desired minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro rough chopped
- 6 cup chicken broth 1 cup for soft taco filling
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp garlic boullon
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- cilantro, cheddar cheese, avocado for garnish and extra flavor
- squeeze of lime jiuce to taste
Slice and dice all the above veggies.
Include everything above in the slow cooker except the garnish and lime juice.
Turn on slow cooker to low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
Once cooked through shred chicken...it should break apart really easy. Add cubed cream cheese and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Stir occationally to help cream cheese melt.
Serve in bowls and garnish with all the garnishments listed. Add other yummy stuff like tortilla chips, garbanzo beans, extra hot sauce. Enjoy!