This Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash Recipe is perfect for a quick and healthy breakfast or side dish that everyone in your world will ask for again and again. Even your “healthy meal” adverse people will be caught sneaking seconds! Serve it up with some fruit, a big glass of milk, and enjoy the rest of your day!
AIR FRYER SAVORY SWEET POTATO HASH
It’s not every day you have the time to make traditional Potato Hash for breakfast so why not try it in the Air Fryer? This method uses a lot less oil and butter and turns out crispy and soft at the same time. Once you make it this way you won’t make it any other way and you will probably make it more often.Jump to Recipe
SWEET POTATOES ARE WEIGHT WATCHERS AND WHOLE 30 FRIENDLY
As long as I’ve been on Weight Watchers, like my whole life, sweet potatoes or any kind of potato was never Weight Watcher friendly. But now, if you’re on the Purple Plan, Sweet Potatoes are 0 points!!! That means this whole dish would have 2 points! That’s it!! It’s also extremely Whole 30 friendly and of course Vegan as well!Print Recipe
Benefits of Using An Air Fyer
There are so many great reasons to invest in an Air Fryer. I know…its one more appliance on your counter but it will quickly become one of the most used appliances you will own…I promise!
Here are a few pro reasons why an Air Fryer will make your life easier:
- You use a lot less oil! In fact, just a spray or two of spray oil will be enough for most recipes.
- Since you use a lot less oil with the Air Fryer the calorie and fat content will be greatly reduced. In fact, in some “diet plans” like Weight Watchers the point count will go from 3 or 4 to zero! No joke people!
- For me, the Air Fryer takes less time to cook most recipes. It’s much smaller than a regular oven so the heat is more concentrated and intense.
- If you’re like me I dread using my oven in the summer, just thinking about it makes me hot! With the Air Fryer there just isn’t any residual heat. It heats up fast and cools faster!!
- If I was single I think I would use the Air Fryer 90% of the time.
- If you have kids…it is a must. Frozen anything snacks can be made faster, crispier, healthier, and easier than using the oven! Seriously!!
SWEET POTATO HASH INGREDIENTS
This recipe uses a few fresh ingredients and comes out savory and satisfying!
- Sweet Potatoes and Yukon Gold Potatoes… I used both kinds in this hash recipe. Why? because I love any kind of potato and I had them on my counter. Plus the variations in the colors and flavors are so beautiful together.
- Onion… I used sweet yellow onions in the dish. I love onions. I think if I had a red onion in the refrigerator already cut I would have used it too.
- Jalapenos and Garlic… I love jalapenos and garlic and putting them together with potatoes and onions is comfort heaven! Plus all of these ingredients crisp up so nicely.
- Rosemary and Thyme… I use these herbs in so many of my dishes. They elevate most recipes from average to awesome. Note: these herbs can easily be grown in your BackYard Garden or in a nice patio pot year-round.
- Seasoning… Garlic Salt or regular salt, pepper, Cajun Seasonings (optional). These spices make life a little bit better! 😁
HOW DO YOU MAKE SWEET POTATO HASH
- Chop, cut, and dice all your veggies into the desired size. Place in a bowl. Note: Larger pieces take longer to cook.
- Drizzle about 2 tsp of oil on top of veggies and mix.
- Season with spices and mix again.
- Place in Air Fryer basket and bake at 390 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Take out and add Rosemary and Thyme. Shake basket and cook for another 6-8 minutes or until done and crispy.
- Place in individual bowls and serve. Yum!!!
SWEET POTATO HASH TOPPERS
The great thing about making something so simple and delicious is it is easy, easy, easy to bump it up a knotch. Below are a few simple additions to make good hash great!
- Add a fried egg as a topper and you have something wonderful.
- Mix up with leftovers. Savory Drip Beef leftovers would make a wonderful weekend meal.
- Add some canned salmon, tuna, or chicken to the Air Fryer half way through. You will be full and satisfied all day long!
- Cook some bacon, turkey bacon or sausage and incorporate into the cooked hash.
- Use other veggies like celery, bell peppers, cabbage or brussel sprouts in addition to jalapenos and onions.
- And last but not least…shredded Corned Beef for the ultimate in feast eating..with an egg on top, of course!
BREAKFAST HASH OPTIONS
If your people are not “breakfast hash” fans then you might check out this Avocado Toast dish…it’s fast, easy and so good for you. Maybe you want something similar but a little cheesy instead? Check out these Cheese Grits recipe..it’s a real treat for the taste buds.
Sweet Potato Hash
- Air Fryer
- 6 medium sweet potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes or both
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion
- 2 jalapenos
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Rosemary & Thyme Sprigs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- spray oil
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop and dice potatoes to your desired size. Note: Larger pieces will take longer to cook.
- Chop jalapenos, onion, and garlic.
- Place all veggies in a medium sized bowl. Drizzle olive oil on top and then spray with spray oil. Mix.
- Add seasonings and a few more squirts of spray oil.
- Place above ingredients in the Air Fryer basket and set to 390° for 10 minutes.
- After it's cooked 10 minutes, add snipped fresh Rosemary and Thyme to veggies, spray with a few more squirts of spray oil and then stir. Return to Air Fryer for another 10 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached.