Italian Queso is oh so Delizioso!!! I made this for our Super Bowl feed and it was a BIG hit. Good thing I made this awesome spin on traditional Queso cause the game was borrringgg!! At least the food was super good!
Italian Queso is Super Easy!
The inspiration for this dip came from a recipe I found on Pinterest from the blog Buns In My Oven. As usual I changed it up adding some pickled Pepperoncini peppers, capers, and different kinds of cheese.Jump to Recipe
Add Your Imagination
You could also add pepperoni, salami, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, spinach, capers…so many options. Hey and the really great thing about this dish; it’s super easy!
Chop the olives, garlic, peppers, and cheeses. Mix everything together, put in a cast iron skillet and cook for 20-30 minutes. That’s it! Couldn’t get any easier unless someone else did it?.
No need to add salt because the olives take care of that naturally.
- 1/2 block Queso Velvetta white kind
- 2 cup pepper jack cheese grated
- 1 cup green olives sliced
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- 1/2 cup pickled peppercini peppers chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp rosemary garlic seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat to oven to 350o Cut Velveeta cheese into cubes and mix in a medium mixing bowl with grated pepper jack cheese.
- Chop all veggies and add to cheeses and rest of ingredients. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Scoop bowl mixture into oil sprayed cast iron skillet. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden and melted.
- Serve with pita chips, tortillas, sliced bell peppers, cauliflower slices, broccoli, celery. Enjoy!
Done in 30 minutes
This savory Italian Queso dip would also be really good baked with chicken; replacing the Velveeta with cream cheese, and adding it to pasta. Or as a filling for a scooped out loaf of french bread baked. Yummmmmm!
More options for Italian Queso
Italian Queso would be a perfect addition to a holiday buffet! Serve as a spread for mini ham sandwiches or roast beef. Cook in a beautiful enameled cast iron skillet and you have a nice accompaniment to your holiday table decor.Spread this Queso on a semi crunchy sub roll and put some of this awesome Drip Beef. You’ll be in total complete food bliss!
Hey if you’re in the mood for Italian but don’t want all the ooey gooey richness of this recipe try my Italian Chicken Salad for more protein and less fat!
More Super Appetizer Ideas from TTC
- Spicy Sausage Rotel Cheese Dip
- The Best Savory Artichoke Cheese Bread
- Simple Homemade Salsa
- Simple Zesty Italian Pretzels
- Easy Fiesta Cheese Snacks
- Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- Super Stuffing Sausage Balls
As always Enjoy!!!
This blog contains affiliate links and may receive a very small residual.