Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice is super easy and quick to mix up for your pumpkin spice favorite fall foods. This wonderful holiday staple can be whipped up in minutes with spices you probably already have in your pantry like ground cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg.
WHY MAKE YOUR OWN PUMPKIN PIE SPICE?
Yes…it’s easier buying already made store-bought pumpkin pie spice but take it from experience…
- Your own homemade version is far better than store-bought.
- One small jar of the store-bought stuff might last 3 pumpkin recipes, 5 pumpkin pie protein shakes, or 10 slices of pumpkin pie cinnamon toasts…depends on who’s at home, LOL.
- Buying the individual spices and whipping up your own homemade pumpkin pie spice saves money.
- Having more fall spices on hand might encourage some fun experimenting with this cozy combination. Try it on baked chicken and in Butternut Squash Soup; it is delish in both!
- Making your own is so much fresher and better than store-bought.. I can tell a huge difference when I use it and when I don’t. Fresh, homemade spice combinations tastes sweeter and cleaner to me…not flat and old.
RECIPES WITH PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
Here are a few recipes I’ve put together that will get your fall going in the right direction! Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Cookies are just that…Easy! No mixer required and the cookie dough goes together in minutes! Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake is a great day starter. Add some extra energy with a scoop of Elevate Max or Choclevate for a perfect breakfast that lasts all day long! Try it on game day in this Kicked Up Rotel Queso Dip. Spicy with a little bit of sweetness! It is so good!!!
EASY ON HAND INGREDIENTS
The ingredients needed for this must-have fall flavor spice are pretty straight forward and very easily found in your grocery store. Order online in bulk at the beginning of the eating season and you’ll save multiple trips to the store throughout the holidays.
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- ground ginger
- ground allspice
- ground cloves (optional and not used in this recipe)
- ground cardamom (optional and not used in this recipe)
Cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg are the main ingredients that can’t be substituted. But you can replace Allspice with cloves and cardamom.
You can also add a little chili powder and a tiny bit of sugar for allspice and/or cloves and cardamom. If you notice most pumpkin pie spice recipes include cloves. Some people…like a certain person in my family…are not clove fans.
The great thing about making your own spice blend is you can custom make it…Do You Cooking!!!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
Putting together a spice blend like pumpkin pie spice is a super easy kitchen activity.
- Just measure everything out, add a little more or less to taste.
- Mix everything up really well.
- Store it in a glass jar or heavy plastic baggy. DONE!!!
The difference fresh spices make in your cooking is amazing! It helps homemade food go from good to outstanding.
Homemade spice combinations are by far cheaper!!!
You won’t have to wait for store-bought pumpkin pie spice to appear in the grocery stores. You can enjoy the comforting fall taste of pumpkin pie spice all year round!!
Easy Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tbsp cinnamon ground
- 1.5 tbsp ginger ground
- 1.5 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1.5 tsp allspice ground
- Place all measured ground spices in bowl, jar or plastic bag or container and mix.Easy!!
Leave a Comment